- Shortened meeting for season end challenge
- 50/50 has been successful way to raise a few bucks so will continue at future meetings.
- John Wood presented some options for 2015/2016 Program for feedback. John would like members to contact him with any ideas or scheduling.
- Rob Cosman – members would like to ensure topic different than previous visit. Suggestions included sharpening/ dovetail samples
- Jim Edsall – wood carver / birder
- Kevin Power – sandpaper expert good product – would be motivated by sales but still valuable info
- Tony Chapdic / Ken ? – from Lunenberg / Mahone bay area so perhaps to combine for full day tour one w/e
- Amos Wood – Jeff Amos from Blockhouse
- Bobby Grace – Sackville
- Other suggestions include woodlot owners, NSCC Waterfront woodshop
- Gary suggested having a day of tours to member shops, perhaps followed by beer / dinner
Show and Share
Bob compared 2 tables that he had made to demonstrate differences and illustrate the golden ratio – lots of questions from members. Great opportunity for comparison of similar projects and format for meetings with programs of short (15-20 mins) member presentations.
Year End Challenge
Our year-end challenge was to use 1 piece of rough 2×4
There were two gift card prizes for this special challenge. Members in attendance were asked to choose their two favourites and it was a very close race. In fact, a tie-breaker vote was required for second place.
Congratulations to the winners :
- 1st place: Gary – $50 gift card and reference book
- 2nd place: Walt – $25 gift card
- Honorable mention: Bob
Tuesday, September 7. Remember to bring summer projects for Show and Share.
Have a great summer.
This content is restricted to AWA members. If you are an existing user, please login. New users may register below.